Tom is a Lawyer in the Litigation Team. He advises clients on all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution across all major Victorian and Federal jurisdictions.
Tom’s key areas of practice include general commercial litigation, insolvency (both corporate and personal), internet and technology, intellectual property and owners corporation disputes. Tom’s working method is to build long term collaborative relationships with his clients to better understand their views, values and objectives. This enables him to tailor solutions that meet his client’s individual needs.
Tom comes from a professional services background having previously worked for software and outsourcing providers in the automotive and legal technology industries. His extensive experience in legal technology enables him to effectively identify key opportunities to leverage technology in order to deliver exceptional client outcomes. This approach offers a significant advantage over traditional litigation methods and was demonstrated during the Financial Services Royal Commission where Tom was involved in rapidly scoping and implementing client software solutions to meet novel legal challenges under strict deadlines.
Outside of work Tom enjoys football (both AFL and soccer), spending time at the beach and supporting local businesses, primarily through coffee and brunch purchases across Melbourne.
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Insolvency (Corporate/Personal)
- Internet & Technology
- Cyber Security & Data Governance
- Regulatory Responses including Royal Commissions and Inquiries
- Intellectual Property
- Owners Corporation Disputes
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) – La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA – Politics & International Studies) – The University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (GDLP) – The College of Law
- Executive Committee Technology and Innovation Section – Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Old Ivanhoe Grammarians’ Association
- Old Ivanhoe Law Society