Over his career Chris has assisted many employers and individuals to solve their workplace problems. Chris only practises in Workplace Relations Law and with expertise gained over 20 years, he is able to offer practical, specialised and cost effective advice to his clients. His strategic approach provides the best outcomes for clients....Read More
His experience covers all areas of workplace relations, including employment law, harassment, discrimination, industrial relations and workplace health and safety.
Chris is an Accredited Specialist in Workplace Relations and heads up our Workplace Relations Team. He also has a Master of Laws and a Master of Business Administration. He has previously worked for leading national law firms.
In 2009, Chris was awarded the Presidents’ Award by the Law Institute for his significant contribution to the Workplace Relations Specialisation Scheme. Chris is a well-known speaker at industry and legal conferences, both locally and overseas. He also regularly writes for legal and industry journals.
Our firm is pleased to announce that Chris was awarded the 2016 Rogers Legal Writing Award for his article, ‘Eliminating Mental Health Hazards’, which appeared in the September issue of the Law Institute Journal (LIJ). The Award is made by the Law Institute of Victoria for the best contribution to the LIJ for the previous financial year. Click here to read Chris’ article ‘Eliminating Mental Health Hazards‘.
- Unfair & wrongful dismissal claims0
- Discrimination, bullying & sexual harassment
- Employment contracts, restraint clauses, protection of intellectual property, confidentiality
- Fair Work Commission claims
- Employment implications of business restructuring, mergers & acquisitions
- Training on performance management & equal opportunity
- Work, health & safety, including incident management & prosecutions
- Enterprise bargaining