Roland is a Partner in our Commercial Litigation and Construction Law Teams.
He is experienced in all aspects of commercial litigation and dispute resolution, having practiced in these areas for nearly 30 years. Roland is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation with the Law Institute of Victoria.
A substantial part of Roland’s practice is in construction law. Roland advises and acts for clients in all types of construction disputes, including payment claims, variations, defective workmanship, delay, liquidated damages, latent conditions, insurance claims and OH&S.
Roland has a special interest in the Building & Construction Industry Security of Payments Act 2002 and how it can help contractors to get paid. He presents seminars to industry and the legal profession on the legislation.
Roland is on the panel of lawyers who offer specialised services to members of the Civil Contractors Federation.
He is a member of our Future Law Team, assisting with the identification of new legal trends.
- Construction, engineering & technology disputes
- Security of payment
- Workmanship, delay, LDs & variations
- Insurance claims
- Defending WorkSafe and EPA prosecutions
- Property disputes, including off-the-plan sales contracts & leases
- Owners Corporations
- Disputes within companies & partnerships
- Confidential information & trade secrets
- Debt recovery
- Commercial litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution & mediation
- Standards-based contracts for construction & engineering projects