Chantal is a Partner of our Commercial Litigation Team. She has a varied litigation and insolvency practice and enjoys the breadth of work she does, and versatility of expertise this requires. She takes particular pride in providing to her SME and family business clients the same level of service excellence and dedication as her national and international corporate clients.
Whilst a savvy litigator and dogged champion of her clients’ interests, Chantal seeks first to avert her clients’ risk and will explore alternative dispute resolution options if viable. If litigation is required, Chantal vigorously pursues clients’ interests, but at all times seeks to deliver practical and commercial tailored outcomes, which reflect an understanding of her clients’ business objectives. This often involves thinking outside the square.
Integrity underpins the way Chantal operates in all she does. She attributes this modus operandi to her ability to earn the trust and respect of her clients, industry bodies and opponents alike – which in turn enables her to achieve the very best results.
- Varied litigation under the Corporations Act including claims arising from management investment scheme collapses, and breaches of directors’ duties
- Corporate and personal insolvency, including acting for insolvency practitioners, directors, creditors and third parties
- Property disputes, including claims under the Property Law Act, Sale of Land Act and constructive trust claims
- Disputes arising from development projects, as between joint venturers, unitholders and shareholders
- Contractual disputes
- Statutory and common law misleading and deceptive conduct claims, including loss of opportunity claims
- Common law claims including claims in equity
- Disputes arising from the sale or acquisition of businesses
- Professional negligence – prosecution and defence including acting for insurers
- Australian Consumer Law claims
- Building & Construction and Owners’ Corporation disputes