Over 150 years of legal practice means that we are doing something right. Established in 1863 by James McKean, we have grown from a small practice in Collins Street to an established and respected mid-tier city law firm. Today we enjoy an excellent reputation in the Melbourne legal community.
Whilst our sights are set firmly to the future, we remain conscious of the principles of our founding partners. Some things never change. Our philosophy of expert advice, practical legal solutions and personal service is as important today as it was 150 years ago.
McKean Park – a timeline
- James McKean commenced practice in Collins Street
- McKean & Wilson founded
- McKean, Wilson & Leonard established
- McKean & Leonard founded
- McKean & McKean established with Harry McKean (son of James)
- McKean & Park formed via partnership with Les Park
- McKean, Park & Cooper established
- Firm becomes McKean & Park
- Firm merges with Pitcher & Butt
- Firm acquires F.W. Cox & Son
- Firm acquires part of Godfrey Stewart’s practice
- McKean Park celebrates 150 years of legal service